Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Playlist skin

Posted by ALeX 
Playlist skin
June 02, 2008 09:10PM
Coolplayer rocks! I have been using SysTrayPlay for ages, as a lightweight audio player. But CoolPlayer, while keeping resource usage pretty low, seems faster, looks nicer and does more. And it will even recognize my hardware media keys and accept command line params for remote-controlling through PowerPro's button bars with no extras.

While I've survived without skins for a while, it is always welcome to have some, specially since there are some small, lightweight ones out there. But I am having some issues here.

I might deserve the newbie treatment, but I am simply not getting it: why is it that the playlist's skin is not changing? I've tried with many skins that modify the playlist, but I always get the original skin in it. Am I doing something wrong?

My coolplayer.ini file, [Skin] section reads:

[Skin]
SkinFile1=C:\Archivos de programa\Media\CoolPlayer\veteran\Veteran.ini
PlaylistSkin=C:\Archivos de programa\Media\CoolPlayer\veteran\playlist.ini
LastSkin=1
UsePlaylistSkin=1
UseDefault=0

I manually edited UsePlaylistSkin to be =1, but I still get the default. I have tried with other skins, too. The playlist.ini file is there, of course.

Any ideas? I am using build 219.

Thanks!
Re: Playlist skin
June 02, 2008 10:22PM
hello,
you are not doing anything wrong, sadly this is a limitation in the recent
versions of coolplayer.

if you would like to skin your playlist, use build 205.
all versions after this use a completely new playlist window which
does not support skinning.

i dont know why this decision was chosen, i only joined the team to release
my fixes in 217,218, 219, and say thanks to the original team and community.

thanks for your message
June 02, 2008 10:49PM
Thanks for the quick answer. I guess I'll download it and see what I would be losing if I don't update. Odd decision, to drop support, nevertheless. I guess I'll do OK with the latest release. In the end, the playlist works. Hope the support for skinning comes back some day.

ALeX
l0c
September 14, 2008 06:42PM
Sorry to pull up an old thread (not too old I guess). For the longest time I remember he did something which made the playlist skin about 5+ years ago. I always shrugged it and used the latest build.

Now that the source has been out and I felt like rolling back to make the playlist skin work, I am going to see if I can rip the old playlist code out of b205 and replace the changes made which exist in 219. Gimme a couple hours.

I was always promoting this back in the day and giving him props for the constant releases. He kept that home page fresh so I think this is the least I can do.

I was one of the people running skinz.org before the decision was made to sell it (the company we sold it to kept me on but never paid me as per our agreement and some big scandal occurred cuz someone got ahold of his IM logs which was his and skinz.org true downfall).

-l0c
February 10, 2009 07:22AM
hahhaahah!!!!!!
February 24, 2009 09:44PM
A lot of the skins sites suck. Can anyone suggest a decent one for uploading skins.
izzy
November 05, 2009 11:03PM
playlists are kool..!
Nik
March 05, 2010 10:39PM
I got the player today, it's great, but the unskinable playlist part is a bit annoying. Any news on that?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.