Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/project-web/coolplayer/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php on line 252

Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/project-web/coolplayer/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php on line 252

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/project-web/coolplayer/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php on line 265

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/project-web/coolplayer/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php:252) in /tmp/tpl-lightweight-header-847d95f8bd360b3bd0138ecd451a67e5.php-stage2 on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/project-web/coolplayer/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php:252) in /tmp/tpl-lightweight-header-847d95f8bd360b3bd0138ecd451a67e5.php-stage2 on line 6
Copying music CD
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Copying music CD

Posted by Frank 
Copying music CD
May 08, 2005 03:30PM
Being new to the game, I thought copying a music CD to a CDRW would be quite straight forward, and indeed it was. I used WM Player to copy a track, but when I tried to play it on my Hi Fi, it would not work, so I did a copy by "drag and drop", which in theory should be a straight like for like copy, but still it will not play through my sound system ( although on both occasions it worked on my PC.
What am I doing wrong?
frank

Re: Copying music CD
May 08, 2005 10:56PM
you're assuming it got copied in a music-cd format, and not in a data-cd format. Windows Media Player is notorious for being set by default to be microsoft friendly, not user friendly. chances are that your cd got burned with wma files and not as an audio cd. check your media player settings.

also, this is a CoolPlayer forum. not really the best place to ask about Windows Media Player.

i am a loser geek, crazy with an evil streak,
yes i do believe there is a violent thing inside of me.
Re: Copying music CD
May 11, 2005 12:54PM
You aren't doing anything wrong Frank, what WM is copying is a au. file and most stereos won't recognise it. What you need to do is use something like Nero or Musicmatch to copy the files as WAV's and then you will be able to play them back on most ~ but not all ~ cd players.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.