Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Development Continues

Posted by joh6nn 
Development Continues
October 20, 2004 02:27AM
ok, i finally got things compiling. was my own fault; i wasn't paying enough attention.

for those of you who haven't already seen it, here's a short list of things that i'm working on.

• Right now, the player can only show 3 digits of the current song's stack number; i think i know how to make it show at least 4 digits, i'd like to try and make it show as many digits as necessary (ie, if there are 10,000 songs in the stack, show 5 digits)
• If coolplayer is not resident in the taskbar, the playlist will (optionally ?) not be resident in the taskbar
• minimizing coolplayer will (optionally ?) minimize the playlist
• coolplayer will (optionally ?) be available in Alt+Tab
• get the playlist skin using external files, instead of just the internal resource ( i expect that this will likely be difficult, because it's one of the most frequently requested features, but has not yet appeared )
• make the system tray icon 1) optional, 2) skinnable

i have a lot of other ideas too, but those are some of the most frequently asked for features, and those are the things i'd like to get done first, if i could.

i've noticed that a couple of other people have been looking for help compiling recently. the problem that i had was that i had to reconstruct the projects and solutions; the .vcproj and .sln files that come in the .zip were a version or two ahead of my copy of Visual Studio, and i couldn't use them. i suggest that everyone who's been having trouble try that.

anyone who's interested in continuing development, please email me. i can use all the help i can get.

i am a loser geek, crazy with an evil streak,
yes i do believe there is a violent thing inside of me.
Re: Development Continues
October 21, 2004 02:12AM
Good luck, ill try to help you if I can but got a few questions about your environment.. First off, what version are you using if VC? Did you install the DirectX SDK or is there something built into to VC for that? I tried installing it and it killed all of my games sad smiley.
Thanks
I would prefer to use Dev-C++, which can do C and C++ but I think when imported it thinks its C++ which messes it up.
Oh...do you have developer access on SF yet for the project?
October 21, 2004 05:10AM
i'm using Visual Studio .Net, which is VS 7.0. it's the default install; to my knowledge, there's no DX SDK, unless that's a part of the default install that i've just not run into.

honestly, as far as environments go, i don't care; use what you're comfortable with.

i haven't contacted the CP team about sourceforge access yet. i'd like to wait and see how many people are going to be involved, and then build some sort of consensus about where we want to go with the player. then, we contact the CP team, and tell them what we think, and where we'd like to go. i presume that if they like what they hear, we'll get sourceforge access. if not, we can always fork. but those are bridges to be crossed later, after we find out who, if anyone, besides you and me, is going to get involved.

i am a loser geek, crazy with an evil streak,
yes i do believe there is a violent thing inside of me.
October 28, 2004 03:38AM
Im up getting involved but I cant seem to get my development environment to work. And then I sorta stopped experimenting cause installing the DX SDK installs DX debug runtimes or whatever, and makes all the games I have unplayable. So...so far it seems to be up to you.
Ill try again...
But if you need any help with anything, just send me an email or post on the forum. I suppose I could just start reading the code and making suggestions without anyway to test the changes, might work...
and Happy Halloween all
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.