Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

halp compiling

Hi:

I tried to compile CP with mingw but it is totally broken, where can i get directX headers for mingw (perhaps using DX sdk from microsoft can halp me I have DX 8.0 sdk), I'll try to fix the rest and patch some BUGs too. I bet nobody have ever tried to compile CP with mingw?

Thanks in advance.
Waldo
crazyinsomniac
Re: halp compiling
May 16, 2003 08:45AM
>I bet nobody have ever tried to compile CP with mingw?

nieka says on the frontpage

"3.May.2003 Makefiles for MinGW
I've created some minimalistic makefiles to build CoolPlayer under MinGW,
All you need to do is get the sources from CVS and run make. You need a DirectX distribution to compile. Perhaps there are some people who can do some tweaking to get CoolPlayer even faster with GCC! "
well that was not the point after all -----> the point is where are those directx distributions (I have sdk 8 from microsoft but that will compile with mingw???) I could experiment and spend some days wasting my precious time dond that but is easier to ask and save time too and not too much trouble for some one who knows.

bye then
Waldo
crazyinsomniac
May 17, 2003 09:28AM
>I have sdk 8 from microsoft but that will compile with mingw???

"Microsoft DirectX® is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3-D animation, and surround sound."

>I could experiment and spend some days wasting my precious time dond >that but is easier to ask and save time too and not too much trouble for >some one who knows.

I would tend to disagree.
It took me a total of 5 minutes to just look.

Do you even know what file you're dealing with? (it's Makefile )
Have you looked inside? (You should, it's all straightforward)

CC= gcc
RESCOMP= windres
DEFS=
PROGNAME= CoolPlayer.exe
INCLUDES= -I. -Iogg/include -Ivorbis/include -Ic:/DXSDK/Include
LIBS= -Wl,-s,--subsystem,windows -Lvorbis/lib/.libs -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -Logg/src/.libs -logg -Llibmad -lmad -LZLib -lzlib -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwininet -lwinmm -lcomctl32 -lcomdlg32 -lole32 -ldsound -luuid

June 07, 2003 09:01AM
> Microsoft DirectX® is.... bla bla bla

Yes yes... I have programmed with directX before... but I left it as it is a way that have micro$oft ppl to get you under their hands. Anyway things are getting solved now since an open source windows NT is being developed www.reactos.com. In fact I don't know why you cutted that text and pasted it here. reproducing the sh... that micro$oft tries to put into developers eyes.

> It took me a total of 5 minutes to just look.

Yes you are so clever. To look what? the file? lol

> Do you even know what file you're dealing with?(it's Makefile )

I use make since a long time ago. I used to compile the linux kernel using make and now I use mingw to program in Windows come on... who do you think you are teaching?

>You should, it's all straightforward

JAM is more

You simply lost the focus. The thing was what kind of headers where used if those from microsoft DirectX sdk or some opensource alternative(wich does not have to be equal) like winapi32. That is why I said that I have DX 8.0 sdk.

BECAUSE MAYBE IF CP DEVELOPERS WHERE USING DX SDK THEN IT COULD BE A DIFFERENT VERSION

see

ahh by the way

>> "I've created some minimalistic makefiles to build CoolPlayer under MinGW"

that does not mean that it was compiled

I saw once a program (microproxy) wich claimed to be portable to a lot of platforms. I compiled it for windows (I was claimed that it worked) and it worked... locally as windows routines didn't resolved IPs so I had to fix that to get the proxy running to enter for free on the Internet.

bye then
June 07, 2003 09:19AM
Could you paste the errors you get when compiling here?
Re: help compiling
June 13, 2003 08:07AM
I have 2.13 sources locally and DX8 sdk I will try with those using mingw. Tomorrow (hope so) I will write here what I got. I don't use mingw since long but I know how to hadle it. Is not very difficult after all.

bye
Waldo.
June 16, 2003 12:32PM
It seems you are using g++ to compile. You need to use gcc, please try that
June 18, 2003 04:58AM
Oops... Yes I was looking now at CP specific sources and it is in C. It worked with the makefiles that are there changing them a little.

I'm using:

GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for mingw32

and had to change

things like:
cd libmad;make

into:
$(MAKE) -C libmad

with a tab at the beginning!

in some files

and comment the creation of the folder .lib in Main\vorbis\lib\Makefile
(two lines)

to make it compile

Thanks for the hint. Now I have a CP that really rocks... (custom made for my machine)

sometimes it pops and raps grinning smiley

bye.
Waldo
crazyinsomniac
June 18, 2003 09:13AM
> sometimes it pops and raps grinning smiley
no singing? what are you listening to?
(me has been listening to tenacious d these past few day)
June 19, 2003 07:21AM
I like rock the most, but sometimes I give a chance to Pop n' Rap, but maybe you don't know the rap I listen the most, as it is a cuban group. They are called Orishas (the name black ppl give to their gods). Sometimes I listen some bands that are close to rap.
Waldo Alvarez
June 21, 2003 03:03AM
There is something wrong with the CP I compiled with gcc, it produces a noise on the right channel. What could be causing that? Does anybody have an idea about it?
June 23, 2003 12:17PM
Could you email me that binary version so I can listen to it myself?

It could be an arithmetic problem, perhaps a signed/unsigned problem somewhere.
June 24, 2003 09:43AM
Seems so, I think the problem is in madlib since I got some warnings wile I compiled it too. The output is the same with all plugouts and it happens with mp3, I have not tested ogg (yesterday i encoded some files but CP freezes). I compared two WAV files obtained with the diskwriter plugout with an audio editor one from VS and other from mingw and the mingw version is producing small peaks.

Right away i'll send it to you.
Waldo Alvarez
June 25, 2003 05:39AM
I was wrong. The problem is not in madlib, if I stop from using the equalizer the noise goes away. Try that Niek.

bye.
Waldo
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.