Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

linux

Posted by jos 
jos
linux
March 05, 2003 06:29PM
This player whould be the first-choice for linux, if it was able to work on linux... what are the problems getting it running under linux??? why is it only for winBlows??? I dont like micro$hit, so i want to go linux. but I dont want to get rid of coolplayer!
Roj
Re: linux
March 06, 2003 01:25PM
jos:

Might I interest you in some etiquette? You blow in here, dis the stated platform of the app, spout the typical shrill anti-MS drivel complete with childish slurs and then ask why the player is not available for your preferred platform.

If you don't like the platform, might I suggest you download the source and port it yourself?

Putz.

____
Roj

"Faith manages."
- jms
March 06, 2003 11:05PM
iv run coolplayer 205 under wine but playback was sped up majorly (halfway between normal and chipmunk). Mabye it was just my wine. I'd like to see it ported if some one would. Id do it but there is two problems:
1) I dont know C to correct the speed up or add in linux mad binaries
2) I'v never used Winelib so i cant help there.
It seems like it would kick some a## under linux. If done right then the binary could become the standard for playing mp3 previews or as a quick play. (PS read my signiature)

Will someone use winelib and port it to Linux if you know linux?

To all you whiners wanting lots of function and extra code chew on this:
K.I.S.S.
March 30, 2003 03:30AM
Coolplayer works fine using codeweavers Wine distro. As far as the port goes ... I'm working on it.
Roj
March 30, 2003 10:32PM
Why am I not surprised to see you doing this. smiling smiley I don't suppose you could spare some cycles to correct the mess that is the playlist in the Windows version? smiling smiley I wish they had left well enough alone and not gone all googly with a new playlist - the old one was fine, just missing a few things like track times. Bugger the editing - I could live without that.

____
Roj

"Faith manages."
- jms
NoCPU
March 31, 2003 01:19PM
I agree with you about the playlist, I prefer the old style.
April 09, 2003 07:33PM
Roj I'll see what I can do. I'll see if I can pull the old source code for the playlist from an older build and put it in 210.
April 15, 2003 12:32AM
i think thre should be a maintained native linux port.
April 15, 2003 12:32AM
there sould also be a DOS version....dos needs a media player that doesn't suck
somebody
April 15, 2003 03:47AM
pls make a toaster plugin
May 15, 2003 03:11AM
Since you guys are on the project and the necessary resources are on the CVS now, I have quit working on the native port to linux and switched all focus back on to my groups audio solution for linux. All I can say thank God for no need for ASIO or KS in linux. (low latency is one of the improvements in the upcoming 2.6 kernel.) L8r Guys and keep supporting the best solution for Windows.

PS When's the 64bit version coming out? tongue sticking out smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.