Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A looong time to open

Posted by Aelfric 
A looong time to open
February 25, 2003 10:48AM
Hello.
I have two PCs: an old and obsolete Pentium III with 256MB RAM running Win98SE and a brand new Pentium IV 2,2 GHz (512 MB RAM, SB Audigy Platinum and many other goodies) running XP Home Ed. On the first, CoolPlayer loads in a few milliseconds and works just fine; on the second, it takes some 25-30 seconds to start (I'm not kidding!). At the moment, I have very few applications installed and, before opening CoolPlayer, I *always* turn off (not just disable) my Antivirus; no apps are running in the background (only standard XP processes). Any ideas? Thanks.
Re: A looong time to open
February 25, 2003 01:10PM
Are you running the new 209 build (it has background ID3 tag reading which significantly speeds up startups if you have a large playlist)
Re: A looong time to open
February 26, 2003 06:33AM
Yes, I am. BTW, if this information may be useful, before exiting CoolPlayer, I *always* clear the playlist... so, when I start it, it should be somehow "clean... I'll try and download the brand new build (2.10).
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.