Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

autorun CDs and CP?

Posted by Diapolo 
autorun CDs and CP?
February 18, 2003 11:55AM
I remember, that I saw a trick here on how do create a CD with MP3 files and CP burned on it, so that CP starts automatically, if I insert the CD into my CD-drive!

Any hints for me?

Re: autorun CDs and CP?
February 21, 2003 03:20AM
Have a look at the message CP rules, but...

What I like is good clean sound. Solid, no glitches.
February 21, 2003 12:17PM
Great, thanks for your help smiling smiley.

February 26, 2003 04:01PM
I found your post and it´s working.
But you have to take care, that the option remember playlist is turned off, before you burn the files on a CD, because if not, you will get an error if you close Coolplayer (because it wants to write the default.m3u, which doesn´t work on CD).

February 27, 2003 10:54PM
Yep, that's true. Found that out the hard way with the new open source version. I actually developed that method originally when CP had no skinning ability and had an amusingly ugly pee-yellow and black color scheme.

A few other things to watch out for:

1. The shuffle routine still doesn't quite work correctly - make sure the first track in the .m3u file is the one you don't mind hearing first every time you use the CD. All the others scramble just fine.

2. If not using shuffle mode, then you should of course sort the list how you like before you burn it. Also make sure the other options such as repeat mode, easy move, show on taskbar, etc. are set on or off as you like.

3. Make sure the default placement and size of CP and the playlist window are within the viewing area of most PCs that you are likely to deal with, or you may have problems. You can edit the coolplayer.ini file directly for precision control over this.

4. Since I use it by default, I don't know what happens when you don't, but it might be best to ensure the output goes through the Cooler Wave Mapper so it can choose the appropriate device on whichever PC you go to. Also, my personal preference is that the volume slider controls only the internal volume so I don't screw up any settings on a PC that I might be "visiting."

Your Email:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.