Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

decoder

Posted by Martin Aston 
Martin Aston
decoder
December 17, 2002 08:50PM
I recently discovered Coolplayer, better late than never. The sound quality is fantastic (but you probably already knew that :-)). I would really like to burn some cd's with wav's decoded with Coolplayer, but decoding doesn't seem to be possible :-(((.

Am I overlooking (please tell me I am!), or is it just not possible.
If not: why not and will it be added soon? It's more or less a default feature for mp3 players.
jfchgfc
Re: decoder
December 18, 2002 03:08PM
It's not possible.
But I guess it will be when the next version is released, if it's really going to be released someday
January 05, 2003 11:15PM
Hi smiling smiley

Previous versions of Cool Player *DID* decode to WAV.

You went to the "options" feature, chose "output to file", and chose
the MP3 files that you needed to decode to WAV.

Cool Player then presented you with a GUI, so you could choose a folder
on your PC where the resultant WAV files would be place, you hit the button and Cool Player then decoded from MP3->WAV in something like 2x speed.

Does anyone know why this is not included in the newest version? The FAQ says that all you have to do is choose "file writer" from the "Options" menu and it will decode to WAV.

Thanks in advance smiling smiley
Martin Aston
January 13, 2003 12:20PM
That's a good suggestion. Unfortunately the downloads don't work, at least not for me.

George
January 14, 2003 05:43AM
Ok... So, that link takes me back to version 200. wonder if that was there prior to that or near about.

Another thing... Does the MAD decoder not have a site of its own? Can I get hold of this decoder and use it with CDex?

Thanks
George
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.