August 01, 2002 11:55PM
"Almost cooked"?

What's up with that?

____
Roj

"Faith manages."
- jms
UPDATE:
This seems to be the same preview version, that we could download some days ago (the file size is identical).

Diapolo
Re: All right we're in August - where's 2.06
August 07, 2002 06:10PM
Please don't complain if CP isnt getting updated as much as you like. Were not a company, we don't get paid for this. MarcusO and Niek are spending their free time working on this. If he does'nt have alot, then learn to code yourself and help out. smiling smiley

Complaining about Open-Source projects like CP is pointless. Your not bitching at a company, your complaining about someone who, just like you, likes the program. Help out if you want things to roll faster. CoolPlayer didnt make itself free for no reason smiling smiley
Roj
August 08, 2002 03:12PM
Hey, I realize all that and no biggie. However *I* wasn't the one who said 2.06 would be out in a couple of weeks way back when. It's called management of user expectations and it goes a long way.

I have found that it's far better to *not* make any kind of a statement as to potential availability, rather than have users have any kind of a mistaken perception in that area.

So basically, when we get 2.06 we get 2.06 and that's fine by me.

____
Roj

"Faith manages."
- jms
Yeah, like what Erukian said.
But I have read through the forum and I have been trying hard to restrain myself, well not anymore....

===
posted by : Roj

Hey, I realize all that and no biggie. However *I* wasn't the one who said 2.06 would be out in a couple of weeks way back when. It's called management of user expectations and it goes a long way.

I have found that it's far better to *not* make any kind of a statement as to potential availability, rather than have users have any kind of a mistaken perception in that area.
===

of course *you* weren't the one who said 2.06 would be out in a couple of weeks idiot! Are you, in anyway, helping out with the coding and stuff? Don't think so...

If there's anything that needs any management, its being grateful to those coders, who are not getting paid doing this, they have a day job and a life to live too. And go learn to express your views with some tact and humility, had enough of your arrogance from various other threads, believe you me, these virtues goes a long way.

And of course, you will also find that it is far better to *not* think out loud and make any useless statements when obviously its not gonna help the developers in any way other than to piss them off.

===
So basically, when we get 2.06 we get 2.06 and that's fine by me.
===
And what kind of a DUMB statement is that after the bitching and the complaining?
It's like you are slapping yourself in the face right after your own nonsensical statements. You should have kept your opinion to your own sorry self.
sonification
August 13, 2002 04:27AM
WOW, what's this? In-fighting between coolplayer users!!! LOL, what a shame

mmm.... looking thru the posts, this Roj guy is such a shameless lame-brain loser, dunno which school he goes to but he sure didn't learn much from it haha, oh i c it, Roger's school of explaining ROFLMAO, the last thing ANY community wants is such a loser, but they are always there heheh

If this was a boxing match, his enemy has just delivered him the knockout pucnh. pack your bags and go home Roj!

think i wait for sonique2 instead haha
mp3hog
August 13, 2002 12:04PM
Seems to me this Roj guy is a bonehead, and if you agree to that, say 'aye'

peace
mp3hog
August 13, 2002 12:05PM

peace
mp3hog
August 13, 2002 12:06PM

peace
mp3hog
August 13, 2002 12:08PM
oopsa, sorry for the multi-submit, this is what you get on a beat up biege box with a 56k modem hey

peace
Roj
August 13, 2002 01:18PM
"oopsa, sorry for the multi-submit, this is what you get on a beat up biege box with a 56k modem hey"

Or from a bonehead. winking smiley

____
Roj

"Faith manages."
- jms
Roj
August 13, 2002 01:20PM
As to the rather pitiful attempts at argument, I've said my piece and I'll leave the rest of the infighting to you children.

It just isn't worth the time and waste of ammunition.

____
Roj

"Faith manages."
- jms
dan
August 13, 2002 02:24PM
AYE

Even from his parting shot, he refuses to admit his own shortcoming. He must have had a sad childhood.

But why waste time with this loser guys, obviously, he has no respect for anyone else other then himself, and he only thinks he's right.

His arrogance will never allow himself to even listen to what you guys are trying to tell him, let alone accept any point you guys are trying to put across.

Just looking at the thread reyalplooc posted where this bozo commented about 56k modem users(you guessed it, in another ego trip argument), and you can tell what kind of a person he is.

I think reyalplooc's spanking has already did enough damage to this twit (to recycle a term he used in another thread) so let's just leave his sorry @ss alone to rot in his own tiny world.
Roj
August 13, 2002 06:48PM
You call THAT long-winded ramble a spanking?

You obviously are deluding yourselves that your opinions matter in the grand scheme of things. What does matter is 1) that new CoolPlayer releases arrive and 2) no promises are made that shouldn't be.

The rest of your "schtuff" is best cleaned up with toilet paper.

____
Roj

"Faith manages."
- jms
blink182
August 14, 2002 07:46AM
awww... c'mon Rojjo boy, spank u he did, and spanked u well
the guy out jabbed u alright
I think u deserve it winking smiley

and its pretty clear that the only one deluded here is u

and since it is pretty clear too that all that beating still failed to knock any sense into u, the guy is wrong again, u ain't got a thick skull, your head is all skull ! grinning smiley

and the only thing left that needs cleaning up is definitely the poop in your pants

yeah, go on, stamp your feet & whine like a spoil brat, i'll be surprised if u didn't

I almost felt sorry for u, numbskull

oh, almost forgot, did i say "AYE" ?
August 14, 2002 08:22AM
Ok, please allow me to interject!

I did say that R206 would be released in a couple of weeks and it hasn't - for this I am very sorry.

As Erukian suspected, it is not because we couldn't be bothered to finish that release - it was because other stuff got in the way (in my case I've moved house and have boxes of stuff everywhere)

As the summer wears on - things will get sorted and the releases will start flowing again, and, hopefully harmony will return to this forum winking smiley

Marcus.

PS - I now live in sunny Cornwall, England - when I get the rest of these boxes unpacked I'll be able to wonder around on the beach & go crab fishing ))
the mage
August 14, 2002 08:48AM
"You call THAT long-winded ramble a spanking?"

No, more like you've been brutally raped

"You obviously are deluding yourselves that your opinions matter in the grand scheme of things."

And as if yours matter

"What does matter..."

What does matter is that your attitude sucks, that you lost--point for point, and that you should learn a lesson from all this

" ...is 1) that new CoolPlayer releases arrive and 2) no promises are made..."

1)everybody here knows that, d!ckhead, so now 50% of your point is dung

2)no promises were ever made, since you are the only one to take it as such, IT IS YOUR OWN PROBLEM, now the other 50% of your point is dung too

"...that shouldn't be."

who are you to tell ANYBODY what should and shouldn't be?

the only thing that shouldn't be is your mum and dad making the mistake of copulating and contaminating the world with another @!#$-for-brains loser that is you

and you should've realized by now that you have ZERO credibility and that all the "schtuff" that comes out of you is best cleaned up with asswipe

"The rest of your "schtuff" is best cleaned up with toilet paper."

You said it yourself, physician heal thyself... now your mama did teach you how to clean up those poop in your pants now, or did she?

You'll excuse me if somehow I rather doubt that this is possible in your particular case.
the mage
August 14, 2002 09:03AM
Marcus0,

there is no need for you to be sorry! ETAs and expected dates in opensource projects are just that, nothing more. 'promise' means quite another thing!

and be very careful what you say now smiling smiley , you don't want some pinhead to go and take your 'summer' and 'releases' and turn them into 'promises' now, do you? winking smiley

now to Mr.D!ckhead,

learn something from Marcus0! Something which you totally lack. Something call 'humility' and 'grace'

you should be the one who is sorry! but then again, I seriously doubt you are capable of that now, right loser?
verbaud
jeez people....
August 14, 2002 05:04PM
Wow. All I wanted to do was check for updates and this is what I get?! Trash talk and immature banter?

Well, just to add a few cents in here, I have to try and save some face for Roj.....
Knowing Roj from another forum, I'll admit that during my first encounters with him, his attitude seemed brash, insulting and arrogant, and I actually brought this up to him..(if you remember this roj) BUt...it only seems that way because his only problem is being really stubborn and will never back down from his position/stance on an issue..whether it was created by himself or another source. Roj does have tendencies to take things a bit over the plank even if it means getting flamed, so long as he thinks that his points are understood. I'm not saying that this is always a good thing, but I honestly think that it's done out of the need to debate..(also not always a good thing)
So I'm half defending Roj and half agreeing with the board...
But here's the thing Roj....I know that you love controversey, however in this case I think it was pointless to butt heads with the coders...It all started out with one comment on your part, which you thought to be innocent and fair.. questioning their etiquette in a business type procedure, (knew u couldn't resist though) and seeing as how the peeps here don't understand your brand of questioning, you were replied to in a fashion which was doomed to fall into a bottom less pit of infinite Roj pounding. I dunno, I just think that this didn't need to go as far as it did...especially between you and one of the moderators.. After all, all that did was open up the flood gates for kiddies with nothing better to do than bash you have a field day. I think that was bad form on everyone's part mon.

So to everyone here, please don't turn this forum into a flaming ground...it has more potential than that. Even if someone is guilty of waring, that doesn't mean that every Thom Dickhead and hairy has to stoop down to that level.

As for the release date...YO HURRY UP ALREADY!!!! smiling smiley JUst kidding! Live your lives as you will, take your time and know that your hard work is really appreciated by all who use CP. Thank you.
D.R.B.
I'm sorry, but you all made big fools of yourself in my mind by attacking Roj and starting all this name calling. It's ok to disagree with someone’s opinion, and that’s what it was. An opinion. I think he has a valid point and was just trying to offer up some advice to the CP programmers so they don't get swamped by people asking for the new release of CP. But you all had to flame him and lower yourselves. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you should throw your dignity about the window.

Just some friendly advice. ::puts on flame shield::
ok guys, ENOUGH already.

I responded to Roj's posts after 1st reading in an above mentioned post his snide remarks on 56k modem users and then this. All I wanted to do was to tell him to tone down his arrogance and show some patience and appreciation. But I guess I started off pretty harshly myself, and for that, I apologize to all, yes, even to you Roj.

DFX got an excellent point. (no I'm not gonna flame u winking smiley)

However, my points still stands, minus all the unneccessary name calling etc. off course.

Now let's just forgive, forget, leave the guy alone, and leave this topic for good, ok?!

Now shall we go back to talking about COOLPLAYER?!? smiling smiley

so where's my 2.06? (heheh, just kidding, can't resist a poke at the ribs)
Roj
August 15, 2002 06:13PM
Um, when did I make a snide comment on 56K modem users?

Considering I've only had high speed since last October and previous to that (for five years) had TWO separate phone lines coming into my house, one of which was dedicated solely to downloading MP3s via Usenet binaries...

...it would seem rather uncharacteristic of me to take a poke at such users.

128-bit MP3 users however - another matter entirely. <BFEG>

____
Roj

&quot;Faith manages.&quot;
- jms
Gxcad
August 17, 2002 10:21PM
Roj,

Of course you remember me from neoseeker bb's and very occasionally 3dsssmiling smiley I'm sorry, but I also think you are going a bit far here. No matter who is right or wrong, or what is being argued, I think its obvious you are pissing a few people off, and we all could use a bit less of that. I think if you change your style of expression you could earn a lot more respect around these partssmiling smiley

-Gxcad

P.S. If my post rejuvinates the flaming war, I am sorrywinking smiley.
Thanks for your update Marcus0.
Kramer
August 18, 2002 05:45PM
Hi,

What the @!#$? First of all what did Roj say to provoke you guys in such a way as to put so much @!#$ out of your mouth?

I don't Roj but it is from one of his thread in 3DSoundSurge that I got introduced to Coolplayer.

You guys just don't have a full brain. That's all.
Gxcad
August 19, 2002 01:25AM
Heh, yes Roj does tend to start forum arguments, don't let him get to you. He does like debating so perhaps he unintentionally provokes it a bit, but hes really not all that bad when hes not arguing a pointsmiling smiley

-Gxcad
ath
August 19, 2002 02:39AM
Roj is a rather well-known ignoramus from the 3DSS forums, where he resorts to shamelessly pimping his favorite software and hardware, spreading FUD, brainwashing newbies with his pseudo-intellectual blabber, generally being an awfully bitchy brickheaded prick of a fella, and denying all of the above 24/7. Thanks to Roj and his posse, the 3DSS message board has now turned into a crapload of utterly useless threads filled with blatant disinformation. Looking at them redefines the boundaries of stupidity. I certainly hope none of that will be brought here.
Roj
August 19, 2002 05:22PM
"I certainly hope none of that will be brought here."

Too late - you're here.

I take you crossed swords with me before and came off the experience at the short end? Big surprize.

____
Roj

- jms
Roj
August 19, 2002 05:29PM
"I think if you change your style of expression you could earn a lot more respect around these partssmiling smiley"

<sigh>

If I garner respect from intelligent people then that's fine. A lack of repect from the mindless flamers or those without a point have not and never will matter to me.

That has been my long standing viewpoint and will never change.

If someone wants to debate heatedly, that's fine. If they can't do so logically or take it personally, then he or she get taken apart a line at a time. The individual above who complained about my presence at 3DSS rather obviously falls into that category, especially since 3DSS continues to thrive quite well without his presence, bringing balanced viewpoints and lively discussions on audio to the net in a forum without peer (as does Neoseekers, I might add).

Chalk it up to sour grapes run rampant...

____
Roj

- jms
ath
August 19, 2002 11:13PM
No, Roj, luckily, I've had the pleasure of *not* crossing words with you, ever, until now. I'm afraid this experience will result in severe brain damage, if it already hasn't, affecting me and every living organism within a 300 mile radius, so to the abyss with it. Starting a flame so that you can feed upon its shitstorm isn't what i had in mind. Oh wait, it's too late.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.