Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CoolPlayer as default player

Posted by toma 
CoolPlayer as default player
July 27, 2002 03:44PM
I've made CoolPlayer the default player for .mp3 files by going to tools-folder options-file types in windows explorer and changing the .mp3 file to program association there. However, when I click on an .mp3 file link on a webpage the windows media player launches instead. How can I make CoolPlayer launch from a web link as well as locally on my computer?
MadiZone
Re: CoolPlayer as default player
July 27, 2002 08:16PM
I don't know if this works, but try clicking start, run and type "mplayer2.exe".
This will open media player, right click in the player, select "settings" and choose the "formats" tab.
Now uncheck MP3 audio. This should cause CoolPlayer to handle Mp3-files - even on the web. smiling smiley

Regards
MadiZone
July 27, 2002 10:10PM
This works, thanks! Windows still prompts with a message: "You are downloading a file from www.etc.com. Would you like to open the file or save to disk?". There is a checkbox (which is checked by default) to indicate if windows should ask this question or not. Even if I remove the check it will still prompt me with the question whenever I click an .mp3 link. I would like to click the link and simply launch the player automatically. It may seem overly fussy but I'm trying to streamline the process of launching an .mp3 file to incorporate into an educational presentation.
August 01, 2002 04:32PM
when the checkbox comes up and it asks you to open or save, uncheck it and click open. That should do it.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.