Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Problem with CoolPlayer

Posted by jim 
Problem with CoolPlayer
June 30, 2002 12:08AM
I have been using CoolPlayer for about 18 months, and a couple of weeks ago the control window stopped showing up on the desktop as it used to, and now I can only use the controls from the shortcuts and icon tray.
I have tried build 205 to see if that fixed it, but it hasn't.

I presume there is a setting/option somewhere which has accidentally been turned on?

Thanks ,Jim
Re: Problem with CoolPlayer
June 30, 2002 09:15AM
Delete the coolplayer.ini file in the CoolPlayer program directory
will fix it, you'll loose your settings dough.
August 17, 2002 10:35PM
Also try reverting to 2.03? I've had lots of problems from 2.04 on but 2.03 IMHO is very stable and the best coolplayer release so far.

August 21, 2002 12:42AM
I just downloaded cool player today. Seems easy to use. How do I know what version I got? which one is better? How many versions have there been?
August 24, 2002 11:32AM
Had some more probs with 205, this time with priority always seems to be high, no matter what switches or ini settings I use. On a Pentium 100 this makes it really hard to get two things done at once.

Downloaded 203 build, but that wouldn't even run (DLL error).

I have found that I still have a copy of an old (8472?) build which works great and provides a sliding bar for priority setting.

I've decided I won't run with any new builds until they put the sliding priority bar back in!

: ) Jim
to find out what version of coolplayer you have, right click on coolplayer and click About... and then a window will pop up called About CoolPlayer 205 or whatever version you have installed.

Your Email:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.