Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

least half of the reasons Chicago Cubs jerseys

Posted by lahahaw26 
least half of the reasons Chicago Cubs jerseys
December 04, 2017 06:08AM
Before I dive into the picks for Week 13, here’s a quick story:

Several weeks ago, I was browsing through the old Bill Simmons column archives from when he Chicago Cubs jerseys used to write for ESPN Page 2, and I came across one of his really old columns: “The Playoff Gambling Manifesto.” It was a column he wrote in January 2002, while preparing for the NFL playoffs (coincidentally, right before the Patriots made their run to Super Bowl 36 on the shoulders of 24-year-old Tom Brady), and in the column, he wrote about a list of rules for picking NFL playoff games that he created with one of his college friends.

Vanity Fair New Establishment Summit - Day 2
Bill Simmons, founder and CEO of The Ringer and diehard New England Patriots fan, invented the “Beware of the Road Favorite” rule in his Playoff Gambling Manifesto. Photo by Mike Windle/Getty Images for Vanity Fair

And because I love picking NFL games too, I found this column really interesting. I probably read over it a couple of times, trying to commit everything to memory. Rule No. 8 on the list was “Beware of the Road Favorite.” Essentially it means not to underestimate the home team even if the road team is favored in the game, unless you have a really good reason to (such as Sunday’s Pats-Bills game … there’s not really a good reason to NOT take the Pats on the road in that game).

Anyway, even though it wasn’t the playoffs, I embraced this rule during the Cowboys-Redskins game on Thursday night. I was all set to take cheap jerseys Washington -1.5 on the road, since in the midst of the Ezekiel Elliott suspension, the Dallas offense has been deader than Mark “The Undertaker” Calaway. In their previous three games -- all losses -- the Cowboys were outscored 92-22. And no, you didn’t read that wrong. But then, after seeing that the Redskins were favored by 1.5 points to beat the Cowboys on the road, I suddenly Pittsburgh Steelers jerseys felt the urge to put the “Beware of the Road Favorite” rule into play. After all, going against the odds makes up at least half of the reasons why picking games is so addicting. And so I did it.

And what happened? The Cowboys unleashed a monstrous 38-point attack on the ‘Skins. Dak Prescott bounced back from all of the “He can’t win without Zeke” accusations, completing 11 of 22 passes with two touchdowns, and Alfred Morris filled the Elliott void with 127 yards on the ground and a touchdown. Just like that, after a 38-14 win, the Cowboys’ playoff hopes were still alive, and my “Beware of the Road Favorite” pick turned out to be correct.

And I was way happier about that last part than I should’ve been. Believe it or not, I actually have no life.

If you want to know more of the news here is your best choice, please http://www.2017worldbaseballjersey.us you can get it!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.