Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wonky EQ points

Posted by dave 
Wonky EQ points
February 15, 2003 04:11AM
Hi,

I've just downloaded 206 and I love it. The only problem I have with it (other than the crossfading/gap bridging thing that fries a lot of folks and will have to be fixed eventually) is that the equalizer is unlike any I've ever run across and is not terrifically useful.

Most EQs have their bands equally distributed among low, mid and hi frequencies. Coolplayer's EQ is almost entirely in the bass region with little adjustment of the midrange and almost none of the highs.

Without adding to the size of the program, could the center frequencies of the 8 sliders be changed to
something like 70 hz, 175 hz, 400 hz, 800 hz, 1.5 khz, 3 khz, 6 khz and 12 khz?

Then we'd be able to make meaningful adjustments to badly recorded files of all kinds. The problems aren't always in the bass.

And while we're at it, could a 0 db level be marked all the way across on the skin, so we know where the center default of each band's effect is?

Just asking,
Dave

Re: Wonky EQ points
February 22, 2003 07:14AM
And have you notice just how touchy the EQ is - the smallest changes make huge changes. I need a more precise level of control...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.