Coolplayer should play cds too
donjon
Re: Play CDs
August 13, 2002 12:00PM
i thought it could?
ManNowhere
August 14, 2002 10:51PM
Well - not to exacerbate the issue, but that was not a terribly useful reply. Please try to think about the worthiness of your "contribution" before you send it - it will save the rest of us some time downloading the page just to find that it was for a worthless reply.
Jimbo
August 15, 2002 08:29AM
You can play cd's with CoolPlayer by using a winamp input plugin for it.
Just search for it and you'll find...
Jucva
August 15, 2002 03:04PM
I know about the winamp plugin, but it is better to have it buit-in coolplayer
Art
August 16, 2002 12:43AM
This is just my opinion but I don't think playing CDs should be built in to Coolplayer.

I started using Coolplayer because it was small, not a hog on resources (3MB of memory usage is nice) and more to the point, it played MP3s.

Now it does a little more, it plays OGG and I don't have a problem with that, WAV files I'm not really concerned about I just think that playing CDs is starting to get off track a bit.

Some things I think should be left to sticking a plugin into the coolplayer directory.

Maybe someone should create a poll on wanted/needed features.
I'm actually very happy with CPs feature list but maybe with a poll, the CP team could post what's going to happen with each version, maybe add features on the odd number revisions and maybe a bug fixing session on the even numbers.

No flames please, just my thoughts
August 18, 2002 03:07PM
i agree with Art, i don't really want coolplayer to turn into a winamp 3 resource hogging crash app...

just my comments...
Jucva
August 18, 2002 08:49PM
Play Cds will not make Coolplayer bloated, sice it can play WAV files. WAV files are the same thing as CDA files.
August 19, 2002 09:51AM
a CD player would put the size of the .exe up about 2k if that!
i recently wrote a cd player for a friend and compiled it was about 20k big With the windows code and graphics...

they are very simple to do as Windows already has inbuilt support for playing CD's

Kim.
September 09, 2002 07:42PM
It makes sense for one app to play wavs, cds, and mp3s. This is not about app bloat, it's way more efficient and convenient for these abilities to be in one utility. It's all about playing music -- these are just different file formats.
September 09, 2002 10:49PM
Ok, I've figured out how to get great cd playing working in coolplayer. I'll start a seperate thread.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.