Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/project-web/coolplayer/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php on line 252

Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/project-web/coolplayer/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php on line 252

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/project-web/coolplayer/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php:252) in /tmp/tpl-lightweight-header-847d95f8bd360b3bd0138ecd451a67e5.php-stage2 on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/project-web/coolplayer/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php:252) in /tmp/tpl-lightweight-header-847d95f8bd360b3bd0138ecd451a67e5.php-stage2 on line 6
WMA support...
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WMA support...

Posted by Triskelion 
WMA support...
July 11, 2002 09:24PM
hy ! I just wanted to say 2 things, 'cause I don't have much time :
-great work, it's the best player I've seen since ever ! it's fast, and the audio quality is excelent (I say this because even with winamp I encounter problems withsound quality)
-don't you think a support for WMA files would turn your player into the very very best ever ? maybe you're working on it, maybe not, but I think, personnaly, that I'd be great if your "custommers" could play WMA files with coolplayer (by the way ,I love the little face on the icons, great work too hehe)

That's it !

Triskelion

PS : I'm french, so don't pay attention if my english is a bit, horrible ! winking smiley
MadiZone
Re: WMA support...
July 27, 2002 08:32PM
Hi, I use CoolPlayer too.
Without knowing, my guess on the lacking WMA would be the licensing problems.
You have to make agreements with Microsoft in order to supprot WMA decoding/encoding.
Secondly - WMA is a somewhat lousy format - Microsofts claims about it's quality holds nothing - it's lousy.

If MP3 isn't sufficient for you, I suggest you try OGG Vorbis audio format.
You can find all neccesary tools to create OGG Vorbis files on www.dbpoweramp.com

You will be blown away by this format - trust me.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.