Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Multimedia Keyboards

Posted by WiNC 
Multimedia Keyboards
July 04, 2002 02:44AM
Might already be a function (or something I can do elsewhere) but is there a possible way to get CoolPlayer working with MultiMedia keyboards (MSoft Keyboard standard should be okay).. IE - so you can use Play/Pause, Forward Track, Back Track, and stop??

Other then that - Coolplayer is awesome - it is great sounding, wonderful to work with - stable on my WinXP, and really is nice to see it only uses so LITTLE amount of memory when running! smiling smiley (and processor useage is darn low also - great!!)

Regards

WiNC
DFX
Re: Multimedia Keyboards
July 05, 2002 05:36AM
I'd love support for this as well....it's my only quam with Coolplayer...otherwise it's an AWESOME program! Keep it up! I'm so excited to see it's being updated again!!!!!
Gxcad
July 05, 2002 09:48AM
I third this, its the only major absence I feel using this player instead of winamp.

-Gxcad

P.S. I think 2.03 is better than 2.04 or 2.05, 2.03 is more stable (for me).
July 06, 2002 11:02AM
Gxcad,

I've been trying to reach you for a while now.....
- What are these stability problems that you are having? (so that I can fix them!)

On the Multimedia keyboard note..... I am going to "borrow" my nextdoor neighbor's keyboard this weekend and I'll take a look at adding it (no promises though!)
July 08, 2002 02:23AM
Thanks MarcusO - I'm trying to find the specifications for the Microsoft multimedia standard commands. Most keyboards should follow that standard for their number basic settings (play, track forward, track prev, stop, and pause) - If I find them I will post link on here. Winamp, and Microsoft Media Player use these standards - I believe SOnique does also.

WiNC
August 09, 2002 11:28PM
Marcus - have you got any futher into this?
August 10, 2002 04:23AM
If keyboard support doesn't happen, use Girder. I've got an infrared remote control hooked up to Coolplayer with it, it's definately worth the trouble I went to. Go to girder.nl and have a look. If it seems like something worth trying, leave a note and I'll send you a little config file I made.

-Matt
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.