Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

It would be great if AAC is supported.

Posted by kuli 
I'm gradually shift my focus from MP3 to AAC these days. I know there are too many format to support, but if CoolPlayer could play AAC, it will be really great!

I have tried to put in_aac.dll into the directory that CoolPlayer existed. When I dragged an AAC file into CoolPlayer, a window told me that there was a page fault in KERNEL32.DLL.
I Think CP only supports WA OUTPUT-Plugnis not INPUT-Plugins. I miss AAC support, too.
It has limited support of WinAmp Input plugins (I've gotten one to work...). Not sure on output.
Re: It would be great if AAC is supported.
July 28, 2002 12:33AM
I hear you are shifting to AAC.
Why would you do so?
I'm doing a lot of research of different audio formats - lossy as well as lossless. I'm mainly interested in AAC, VQF and MPC right now.

Currently I use OGG Vorbis, but I'm interested in what AAC has to offer.
What can you tell me about the format?
You need an input plugin called in_faad.dll - email me if you'd like a copy, or you can search for it yourself. I have no trouble playing AAC files with Coolplayer.

By the way MadiZone, as far as I can tell, VQF is pretty much dead-in-the-water. AAC, OGG and MPC are definitely worth using though. (Lame-encoded MP3 is still fine, especially for portable players that don't support other formats.)

Your Email:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.