Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

strange problem I'm having...

Posted by Avid Gamer 
strange problem I'm having...
March 22, 2008 11:48AM
I'm suddenly having a strange problem of not seeing CoolPlayer anymore. It plays just fine when I open an MP3 but I never see it (and as a result never see the scrolling title or anything else. Let me try to explain my strange quirk.
It resides in the system tray, always. That is the only place I can interact with it. I can right-click on the tray icon and choose Options and it will open it just fine (the options that is). I can check the option to show on the taskbar and it will, only it's like it's always minimized; I can click on the taskbar button and nothing happens (except the button pressing in); CoolPlayer does not come up. I can right-click on the taskbar button and choose "move" or "close" (which it does close it) but move, well, it gives me the arrows but when I click on the desktop it goes away; CoolPlayer never appears.
I have tried registering old and new versions to see if it would go away with a different version but had the same results.

So, to recap, everything works fine except I NEVER, and I mean NEVER, see CoolPlayer except for its options screen. I can double-click on the tray icon all I want and nothing happens either.
I seem to recall it working fine until I made it the default online player (I used it to open an Internet playlist (online radio station). I think that's when it went hay-wire.
Re: strange problem I'm having...
March 22, 2008 02:41PM
hi avid gamer,

i think the coolplayer.ini may be corrupted and the screen position is set
wrongly.

could you

1) close all running coolplayers
2) rename coolplayer.ini to "backup.ini"
3) run coolplayer again

this will create a new coolplayer.ini, and should be visible on screen
again.

alternatively, you could open "coolplayer.ini" in notepad and change
the "WindowX" and "WindowY" properties. 100 for each should do.

i hope this helps.
March 25, 2008 11:02PM
Changing the "WindowX" and "WindowY" properties to 100 worked fine. They were set to 3000... Thank you!! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2008 11:03PM by avidgamr.
August 29, 2008 07:37PM
I was having the same issue and this did the trick perfectly! Thanks for making such a cool portable app and thanks for making it easy to troubleshoot!

P.s. Does anyone know what causes this, so I can avoid it in the future?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.